I loved sewing these pajamas, and my son loves wearing them. I did learn, though, that funky shaped buttons, while very cute, are not easy for little fingers to manipulate, especially when they're just learning how to do buttons. I've had to re-sew 2 buttons already, and a third looks like it's on it's last thread! Next time, round buttons only! And judging by the success of this pattern, I think I'll have to invest in the next size up, since he's almost outgrown the size 4 I made a few months ago.
I couldn't leave my daughter out of the pajama frenzy, of course, so I decided to make her the Bedtime Story Pajamas.
Well, it seems that I started this entry a while back, so updates...I made a very ROOKIE mistake and didn't realise that the fabric I used for the Bedtime Story Pajamas wasn't preshrunk. Oops. After one wash, the fit wasn't quite, well, right. Also, while I love the ribbon, it's slippery and when a toddler moves around in her sleep, by morning the ribbons have undone themselves and the top has come open. Hmm...
So take two...I made my daughter the Sleepover Pajamas, making sure I washed and dried the fabric first (!), and used ROUND buttons instead of anything cute and impossible to do up. And since I didn't feel like trekking across town to find buttons, I luckily managed to find the right size buttons in my stash of leftover buttons.
I'm pleased to say that these don't come undone at night, and there's plenty of room to grow in both the sleeve cuffs and the leg cuffs. Now I have to make another pair for my son!