Flutter Sleeve Top (Take 2)

After finishing the yellow Badminton Dress, I had so much of the white fabric leftover I thought I needed to make another top for M. Anyone with small children knows that white isn't the most practical colour, but it just looks so pretty! And I had some lovely red and white striped ribbon (bought on impulse) that was crying out to be used. I had just enough fabric to make a Flutter Sleeve top (free pattern from It's Always Autumn).

Slightly wonky photo!

It matches perfectly with some shorts that M already had


I found a flower button that matched the ribbon perfectly for the front bow detail. My son and I played around with all the embroidery stitches on my Pfaff, but in the end, I decided to edge the sleeve with a simple three-step top stitch. I made the size 4 provided in the free pattern without any modifications, but I put a shorter length of elastic around the neck to make it a bit smaller on the shoulders. Now, when A stops spilling so much food while she eats, I might be brave enough to make her a white top!

Comments

Popular Posts