Amigurumi...a first attempt

It's nearly 20 days into the new year, and I realised I haven't even finished blogging about everything I sewed in 2018 (including some things for myself that I made in the summer!). Those will have to wait, however, so I can show off my very first amigurumi project.

I honestly never thought I'd get into this, but I have to say, crocheting tiny cute things is pretty satisfying...and fun!


I took my grandmother's crochet hooks and an assortment of DK cotton when we went to London for Christmas, on the off chance that I'd have downtime to play with something new. A random search of the Love Crochet website led me to this super cute pattern for octopuses! I actually wasn't looking for octopuses in particular, but when I saw it, I thought of a friend who LOVES them, and figured I'd give it a try. Little did I know that my son, my daughter AND their cousin would all want one! Three octopuses later...

The red one is made with Rico Cotton Essentials DK yarn, which is finer than the pink Paintbox Cotton DK, and is probably why the red one is a bit tighter in structure. In hindsight I could have stuffed the pink one more. I have a few more requests for tiny octopuses, and a request for a VERY LARGE one...I fear I may have started something I didn't expect here.

I have lots of knitting and crochet plans for 2019, in addition to a very long list of sewing projects. But before that, I really should finish documenting 2018...

Comments

Popular Posts