A break from sewing

In all the frenzy of Christmas sewing (tote bags, mice, bunting, pouches), I realised that I actually missed knitting! Thinking of projects I could start, just to take a break from pinning and sewing was tempting, but I actually did have one knitted project to finish.

Back in July, a friend in the UK requested an alligator scarf for her daughter. I usually make this little girl a knitted hat every Christmas, but this year, she was determined that what she REALLY wanted was an alligator scarf. Thank goodness for Morehouse Farm Merino! They have the best alligator scarf pattern we could find online, and even have a baby version, more suitable for little people. Unfortunately, they don't ship to Singapore, but luckily I was going to Canada to visit family, so had the Baby Alligator Scarf kit shipped there. The yarn was lovely to work with and the pattern is really easy to follow.


This will be quite a well-travelled scarf. It came from the US to Canada, then went to Singapore, is now being shipped to New Zealand, and will return to the UK with its (hopefully) happy owner! 

I have several other knitting projects I'm itching to start on, but have to use all my self-control to finish the Christmas projects first. Then of course I do have two small children demanding a pig and a dinosaur!

Comments

Popular Posts