Extra Sharp Pencil Skirt - first attempt

I've had the Liesl + Co Extra Sharp Pencil Skirt pattern for a while now, and bought the perfect stretch linen to make it several (maybe more?!) months ago, but only just got around to making it for myself. In all my sewing, I seem to be lacking 'bottoms', and thought this skirt would be a great addition to my wardrobe. I really like the idea of using a geometric patterned fabric so I can play with the side panel, but for a first go, I decided to stick to something plain.



I am incredibly pleased with how this first one turned out. The only thing I didn't do was to add the line of top-stitching around the yoke - I just preferred a clean look. I made a size 10 and only made the slightest of modifications to the seams where the front panel meets the side panels (took each seam in by about 1/4" at the top). I also didn't have the right hem tape, so I just overlocked the bottom before turning it up and hemmed it using a catch-stitch. 

I wore it for a whole day to work, and did a fair bit of walking around in it too, and it's incredibly comfortable, and doesn't shift around at all. 

I am so in love with this skirt, that when my mum and I had a little shopping spree in Chinatown recently, I had to buy more of this stretch cotton/linen (or whatever it is) in dark red! 



Comments

  1. Super skirt! (and those shoes are lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some days I have to admit that Birkenstocks just don't quite look professional enough! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts