Quick weekend sewing

My parents were here for the last couple of months for their annual 'let's escape the Canadian winter and go to a humid tropical island instead' trip. It suits my dad's need to keep golfing year round...but doesn't suit my mother's aversion to hot and humid weather! The upside is that she and I can be bad influences on each other when it comes to buying fabric. My plan to only use what I'd stashed over the last few years fell by the wayside when she gently encouraged me to 'just get that lovely Liberty lawn if you like it!' Thanks...

However, I was determined to still attack that stash, so I got busy this past weekend and made not one, not two, but THREE t-shirts! Gotta love sewing with knits.


I used the Liesl+Co Men's Metro T-Shirt pattern for my husband's black and striped t-shirts, and the Oliver+S School Bus T-Shirt pattern for my son's green one. I bought both patterns as part of the Family Pack a while ago, and have yet to make one for myself (need to tape together those pages of the PDF pattern...so lazy...). I love how fast these are to sew, and how well the men's t-shirt fits my husband. I made a size 7 for my son, lengthened to an 8 based on his chest measurements, but looking at the shoulders, I think I need to just size up to an 8 all over for him now.

The fabric for the men's shirts was from a store in Chinatown - no labels on the fabric so I have no idea about the content, although the owner assured me they were cotton. The gray striped one is not the best quality, but it's thin enough that it works for the weather here. The gray ribbed binding for the neck was purchased online from https://www.landofoh.com/. I haven't yet found anywhere in Singapore where I can buy such nice ribbing. Luckily Land of Oh Fabrics is based in Korea so shipping is quick!

It's so satisfying to spend an afternoon hiding at my sewing table and come out feeling so accomplished!

Comments

  1. They're super. I'm a big fan of weekend overlocker smash fests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Makes you feel like a sewing superhero...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts