Catching up...the Liesl+Co Gallery Tunic

We've just returned from 5 weeks in Canada, which was refreshing, reinvigorating, relaxing, and just a lot of fun...most of us didn't want to come back!

Between visits with family and friends, being outdoors, enjoying Canada's west coast and interior BC, I did manage to do a bit of sewing and knitting. Knitting always seems more enjoyable when it's not 30C outside.

Before we left Singapore in June I was hurriedly finishing some projects too. I finished a Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic for a friend. She bought the fabric many months ago but it didn't get sewn until recently. I struggled with the fit of the first Gallery Dress I made for myself - it was really big and far looser than I wanted. I ended up taking the pockets out (they were too low) and taking in the seams by at least 1 1/2" on each side (more in some parts). I do wear it a lot, but the next time I make it for myself I think I'll need to size down. Luckily, this second tunic fit a lot better!


The tunic in this picture is un-hemmed...I appear to have forgotten to take a picture when it was completely finished - oops! I had to add a bit to the sleeves and put 2 snaps on the placket, but otherwise my friend is very pleased and reports that she wears it a lot. That's the best compliment you can get!

Update... I did find the pictures of the tunic completely finished! Here they are:




Comments

Popular Posts