Oliver + S 2 + 2 Blouse

Before we left on holidays, A decided she needed a new long-sleeve shirt (Canada would be COLD, after all!). I'd had the Oliver + S 2 + 2 skirt and blouse pattern for a while, so thought I'd give that a try.

I found some great pink and orange plaid cotton that looked a lot like seersucker in Chinatown and used some leftover white for the trim.

Hmm..the bow is a bit wonky!

Bright sunshine but hopefully you can see the alternating orange and deep pink buttons!

I didn't make any modifications to this one but wonder if maybe the next time I should remove the back button placket since the blouse should fit over her head without them. The detail is cute, but no buttons means it's easier for her to dress herself.

@Shelley from Bartacks and Singletrack has recommended the skirt from this pattern as having plenty of twirl factor to satisfy a 4-year old, so that's next on my list to sew. 

And in case you're wondering, my tropical children were cold in the Canadian summer only for a few days, and then the need for long-sleeve shirts seemed to disappear!





Comments

Popular Posts