Oliver + S Carousel Dress

A few months ago when Oliver + S had their fabulous 10th birthday sale (10 patterns for $50!), my mum and I decided we'd split an order because we thought it would be easier to find 10 patterns if we shared an order. A mere 13 patterns later...and the realisation that even though I already owned 15 Oliver + S patterns, I somehow found 10 more that I needed! To be fair, some are the larger size in patterns I already own, and some I bought specifically with my London-based niece in mind for making winter outfits. The order was shipped to Canada to save on international shipping costs, so I had to wait several long months to check out my purchase.

My mum has a fabulous, light filled sewing room that's very well stocked with anything you'd need to sew, knit, or quilt. I wasted no time after we arrived from Singapore in disappearing into the sewing room while the kids happily played with their cousin and grandparents!

I quickly sewed up a Carousel Dress for my niece with fabric her mum had bought in Singapore a year ago. There wasn't quite enough for the dress, so I found a white embroidered remnant in my mum's stash for the sleeves and bottom hem.





My niece was particularly pleased with the pockets, and that she could run very fast in the dress! Perfect for the long hot summer they're having in London right now. 

Comments

Popular Posts