oliver + s popover sundress

I recently read an article by someone saying that all her sewing projects seemed to take on a 'one step forward, two steps back' theme. I know the feeling...some days, it feels as though I use my seam ripper more than my sewing machine. I recently finished the Mojave dress from the Seamwork magazine, and although it's supposed to be a 3-hour project, I seemed to spend half that time correcting mistakes (I'll blog more about that dress later). Maybe I shouldn't have started it when I was jet-lagged (!), but the frustration led me to look for a quick and easy project that I could hopefully finish with less errors.

Enter the oliver + s popover sundress...

I've had the pattern for a while now, but only just got around to sewing it a few afternoons ago. Luckily I had ready-made bias in my stash, so I searched for fabric to match (backwards, yes!), et voila! The recipient was quite pleased with it and it has been widely admired. Funny when something so simple gets so much attention. Maybe it's those orange bows?!

Comments

Popular Posts