Hopscotch Skirt

After making 2 dresses and 2 tops from the Oliver + S Hopscotch Top/Dress/Skirt pattern, I finally got around to making the skirt as part of my early January sewing spree.


It was a bit hard to photograph this well (the model was not in a cooperative mood, so the plant stand had to fill in...). I had a lot of fun sewing this skirt! I really enjoyed the precise details of the pockets (how cute are they?!), the front button placket and the waistband. A loves orange, and when I saw this fabric (probably a quilting cotton, but it's really soft), I had to buy it. 

I had to adjust the elastic in the back twice. The first day she wore the skirt to school, it kept slipping off, so I unpicked the casing side seam, lost the elastic in the casing, had to unpick the other side, pull the elastic out, re-insert it, tried it on her multiple times (hard when she claimed I was tickling her and was also scared of the pin!) and finally finished the side seam a few days later. Phew. Now hopefully she can wear it without losing it around her knees.

I suspect I might have to convince myself that she needs a navy Hopscotch knit t-shirt to go with it. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts