Quilt time!

It's finally finished! The quilt that I've been slowly working away on finishing for the last few months can now be given to the baby for whom it was intended (who is now 4 months old!).



I saw the pattern/design online last summer in my Pinterest feed. I don't know whose lovely quilt I saw, but I loved the simple yet striking pattern of smaller and larger squares. The friend who will receive the quilt told me her favourite colour was yellow, so I was on the hunt for a child-friendly and pleasing (to the eye) yellow fabric. Not as easy as it sounds...

I hit the jackpot at Effiloché in Montréal, Canada. This fabulous little shop is on St. Hubert on a street that was once lined with fabric shops. There aren't quite as many places for fabric now, but this shop is a treat. An lo and behold, they had some of the David Walker Raining Cats and Dogs collection, which had a beautiful print on a yellow background! It was nice to be able to get 4 different fabrics from the same collection, knowing they'd all look good together.

That was July...so just 7 months later, the quilt is finished! This is just my second 'real' quilt, and I think I can see myself getting into making quilts. I did straight line quilting to finish it (not perfect, but only the most critical eye can see it!).

Despite my long list of sewing projects to finish, I'm already thinking of my next quilt...

Comments

Popular Posts