Liesl+Co Chai Tee - Take One

I was immediately drawn to the Liesl + Co Chai Tee pattern when it came out last year - it was simple without being boring, it could be made with both knit and woven fabric, and was exactly what I needed in my wardrobe. I didn't actually get around to making it until a few weeks ago, although I bought some knit fabric just for that pattern last fall.

After doing my usual online research to see what others have said about it, I thought maybe I'd need to make a muslin, but didn't want to hunt down inexpensive knit fabric here just for that. Then I found a piece of yellow knit fabric hiding in my stash that I'd used several years ago for a maternity dress (before I knew anything about sewing with knits) and had just enough to squeeze out a Chai Tee!


I made a size S (A/B cup) with no modifications, and much to my delight, it fit perfectly and I can actually wear it out of the house! I loved sewing it - it's straightforward with the usual detailed instructions from Liesl + Co patterns. I left the sleeves down - I think I prefer that look on knit t-shirts, but think I might roll them up if I make it from a woven fabric.

The only change I'd make to the next one is to widen it slightly at the hips, but otherwise, it's great! I'm already dreaming of all the lovely woven options I could use (lawn? silk? crepe?). 

Comments

  1. How very lovely Gayatri. I have wondered whether I should attempt this. But I want to see it on you!! More pictures please?

    By the way, *love* the new blog format. It's very reader friendly and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Asmita for the nice comments on the blog format and the top! I promise to post more pictures of me wearing the top, and the 2nd one I made with the same pattern! Soon...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts