Lullaby Layette - Bits and Pieces

I know the amazing Oliver + S Lullaby Layette pattern is designed to be sewn as a set (hence the word layette!), but what happens when you compulsively buy fabric in 1m pieces without a specific project in mind is this...

One bodysuit and one shirt from 1m of seersucker, 1 jacket from 0.5m of a bamboo double knit, and 1 pair of pants from a leftover bit of fabric that was just too fun to be anything but baby pants.

So here we go!

First the floral pants in a 6-12 month size (wish I could get away with wearing floral pants...):


I gave these to a friend whose 7-month old daughter is apparently quite taken with them - I think it must be those bright red flowers!

Next up, 1m of pale yellow seersucker. I managed to squeeze out a short-sleeve shirt (size 3-6 months) and a long-sleeve bodysuit (size 0-3 months). My children chose the colour of the snaps (we were all quite excited by the new snap setting tool that arrived with 350 snaps in 12+ different colours)!










And finally, a jacket (size 0-3 months). I used a knit bamboo (that feels a bit like double gauze, or maybe it's slightly quilted?) for the jacket. I opted to leave out the inner lining, simply because in Singapore. the main fabric is probably warm enough. Except for the sleeve darts that stay exposed, I finished the rest of the seams with the serger. I'm not thrilled with the tension of the sewing on the bias, but that's just me being picky.



The jacket, shirt and bodysuit don't have homes yet, but there are enough new babies that I'm sure I'll find someone to give them to soon. Of course, there is this nagging voice that's telling me I should just get some MORE fabric and make a proper set for each... ;)

Comments

Popular Posts