Miette Skirt (#4)

I was just reflecting on how rare it is that I don't make a pattern more than once for myself, even if it fits well. I keep searching for new patterns to try. I'm not sure if that's because I just want to play with different styles, or I am easily distracted when reading all my favourite sewing blogs and looking at my most-used indie pattern sites. It did occur to me that perhaps I should go back and make more of the patterns that I know fit well, and look good. There are exceptions - I have made 2 Chai Tees (from Liesl + Co), 6 Ogden Camis (although not all for myself!), and now, 4 Miette skirts (from Tilly and the Buttons). When I went with M to find fabric for her Miette skirt, I couldn't pass up the soft denim fabric at the same store for another one for myself. It seemed like a colour that could be worn with lots of different tops. My other two are both red(ish), and it's hard to match them with many of my tops.




This time I decided to add a bit of machine embroidery at the edge of the pockets for interest. Since I usually wear things tucked into the skirt, hopefully this detail will show! I haven't actually worn it yet (surprisingly!), but will post more pictures of it actually on me when I do! 

My next 'repeat project' is going to be a Chai Tee made from woven fabric...stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts