The Ogden Trio

No, this is not a post about a musical trio, although that would be a great name! It is, rather, a post about the trio of Ogden Camis I made over the last week (from True Bias patterns). These are, in fact, the 4th, 5th, and 6th Ogden Camis I have made, but I forgot to photograph the first 3! One of them is mine, so one of these days I will get around to blogging about it.

These three are for a very close friend (T) and her two daughters (M & N), all who live in Edmonton. M is the same one for whom I made the Miette skirt (blogged here), and I made her two camis (one with Liberty lawn) when she was with us in the fall last year. When she was in Singapore again earlier this year, she was telling me how N kept 'borrowing' her floral (Liberty) cami, so we decided that N and T needed their own. Off we went to Fabricity, and much to the amusement of the owner, bought 3 yards of shirting fabric, since M decided she also needed one more! M's was a dark green cotton blend (I think it must be cotton-poly), N's was a Liberty poplin (the only fabric we could find that met the requirements of 'not blue' and 'cheery'), and T's is Egyptian cotton shirting (so soft and lovely...).

M's dark green cami

N's Liberty poplin cami


T's Egyptian cotton cami

This pattern is so quick to sew, and now that I've made six, I can finish one in less than an hour from cutting to sewing. The only modification I made was to shorten M's (at her request) by an inch, but the others are unchanged. If you use150cm wide fabric, all you'll need is a yard for up to a size 10 (possibly size 12). 

We'll be going to Canada for our summer holidays in a few weeks, so I'll finally have a chance to see how T and N feel about their new camis! Let's hope the weather is conducive to wearing them...


Comments

Popular Posts