Tiny bag...so cute!

My son was recently invited to a birthday party where the girl's parents were strongly discouraging gifts. I didn't want to go empty-handed, so decided to make something and found this really cute tiny bag pattern online (you can find it here). It's a great way to use up scraps, or pieces of fat quarters. I didn't realise quite how tiny it was, but it was for a 10-year old, so I figured it didn't have to be that big!




Just to give you an idea of size, the outside pocket is just big enough to hold a smartphone. I think it's cute for a girl...not sure that I'd carry it around, unless it was inside a larger bag. But it was fun to make, and took an afternoon, at the most. I'm still not super happy with my zipper installation...I need to find a better way to put zips in bags and pouches.

The birthday girl apparently was happy with it (second-hand report!). I might make up a few more for other little girls I know!

I think it's time to get back to sewing clothes now. In the next month, there's a birthday dress and two Halloween costumes to make (at the very least). Good thing I got those machines serviced...

Comments

  1. I found your blog entry about Saskia in Debbie Bliss's Eco-family book posted a couple of years ago through Ravelry.
    I have printed off the revisions from the web-page but seem only to have printed page one, which only has the heading!!!!! Now the web-page no longer supports the revisions (since DB had to change her distributor?) and I can't print the relevant page.
    I don't suppose you still have those revisions do you?
    Many thanks,
    All the best,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, I realised my (then) toddler scribbled all over my pattern so the revisions were erased, but I did find this on someone else's Ravelry page for the same cardigan. Several people had the same errata written down, so I'm assuming it's correct? Good luck!

      BACK & FRONT
      9th row K8(8:8:9:9:9), yf, sk2togpo, yf, k9 to last 11(11:11:12:12:12) sts, yf, sk2togpo, yf, k8(8:8:9:9:9).
      Page 38
      SLEEVES
      13th row K5(5:7:7:9:9), ssk, yf, k1, yf, k2tog, k7 twice, ssk, yf, k1, yf, k2tog, k5(5:7:7:9:9).
      17th row K6(6:8:8:10:10), ssk, yf, k1, yf, k2tog, k7 twice, ssk, yf, k1, yf, k2tog, k6(6:8:8:10:10)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts