More crochet - the Urban Shells Beanie

After getting a request for more owl hats from a friend's three sons, I decided she also needed a hat for her upcoming trip to Morocco. I didn't want a complicated pattern since I'm still new to crochet (and can't read crochet charts!), but wanted something a bit more exciting than a plain beanie.

I found a lovely pattern on Ravelry - the Urban Shells Beanie by Katherine Crombie (available on her blog here or on Ravelry here). My friend chose a deep plum colour of yarn in the Rico Essentials Cotton DK. Since I had ordered the yarn before I found the pattern, I was hoping I'd get the whole hat from one 50g ball of the yarn. The Rico Essentials Cotton DK has a really nice sheen to it, and looks great when knitted/crocheted into something.


The hat fits perfectly, and I have just a small amount leftover. I did make a swatch to test my tension, and needed to go down to a 3.5mm crochet hook (she recommends 4mm), but otherwise this was a really fun project.

Now I better finish those 3 owl hats...

Comments

Popular Posts