Oliver + S Lunch Box Culottes

I am slowly working my way through the stack of patterns I bought during the Oliver + S 10th Anniversary Sale this summer. The Roller Skate Dress was a great success, so I pulled out the Lunch Box Tee + Culottes pattern next. I found enough of the knit fabric I used for A's birthday dress last year (which seems to have gone un-blogged!) to make the t-shirt. For the culottes I planned to use the remnants of a failed a-line skirt I'd made for a friend, made from a light blue chambray.

As with all the best plans, I encountered a few hiccups. The chambray piece wasn't big enough for both legs of the culottes, so of course I had to go off to Chinatown (how sad... ;) ) to find a bit more of the same fabric. I should have measured the finished length of the t-shirt - while A is generally a size 4 around her chest and waist, she's sprouted in the last few months and the length of the size 4 is far too short. Sad...but her cousin will benefit from a new t-shirt!

The culottes, once I got more fabric, are GREAT!





The rick-rack was a request from A and actually looks pretty cute, I think. The fit is great, and the style is perfect for the hot weather. Although it doesn't twirl (the pre-requisite of all skirts these days), A was quite pleased with how easily she could run around and hang upside down while wearing them. And of course the pockets are an added bonus. 

Once the madness of Christmas sewing is over, I may just whip up a couple more pairs - maybe this time in a less wrinkly fabric!

Comments

Popular Posts