Oliver + S Puppet Show shorts

As part of my quest to replenish A's wardrobe with clothes that are not indecently short/tight, I realised that she needed some new shorts. She generally prefers skirts, but that may also be because she doesn't have any shorts that actually fit right now!

I was also reading @lightningmcstitch's posts about making Oliver + S patterns before her daughter outgrows them, which made me go back through my collection of Oliver + S patterns to find the ones that A will soon be too big to wear. I have a lot in the first size range (6 months - 4 years) and A is somewhere between a size 4 and 5. Time to get sewing!

I love, love, love the Puppet Show Shorts. I first made them 3 1/2 years ago (blogged here), one of the first Oliver + S patterns I ever made. I made another pair about a year ago (blogged here), and I'm pretty sure my mum made her another pair some time in-between. As luck would have it, I had traced out both the size 4 and 5 (this pattern tops out at size 5). And in my bid to only use fabric I already have, I hunted in the stash until I found a perfect piece of Cloud9 Collective poplin that I used for my own Liesl + Co Bistro Dress (blogged here). I used some quilting cotton for the leg and pocket bias edging.


I'm so happy with the style and the fit, and A seems quite pleased that now she has something to match my dress! I better make her a few more pairs while she can still wear them!

Comments

Popular Posts