Liesl + Co Bistro Dress

I've been forgetting to blog about this for a very LONG time. I made this dress for myself last spring, and have worn it a lot since then, but somehow the picture didn't get taken, and thus the blog post didn't get written.



For this dress, I made a muslin, then after getting my mother's expert advice via Skype (yes, Skype!), I modified the bust dart by moving it down and back (using a wonderful online tutorial on dart manipulation from Itch to Stitch - thank you so much for the clear and easy instructions!). 

As with everything from Liesl + Co and oliver + s, the instructions were clear and easy, and I really enjoyed sewing this dress. The only place I differed was when inserting the invisible zip. I really like the method taught by Devon Iott on the Colette patterns sew-along for the Dahlia dress (found here). It's worked for me on other projects, so just stuck with what I was comfortable doing.

I love this dress. My only small quibble is that the armhole is slightly too tight, as is the sleeve circumference. I have since, with my mother's help (this time in person!), modified the armscye so that hopefully in the next dress, it won't be quite as snug. I might also make it without the belt next time (right after I took this picture, the front 2 belt loops fell off!).

Pattern: Liesl+Co Bistro Dress
Fabric: Cloud 9 Wildwood
Size: Bust 6, Waist 10, Hips 8 (with added dart manipulation)

Comments

Popular Posts