Pajama Time - Take 1

A common hazard of taking a 3-year old to the fabric store is that she insists that you buy a very haphazard selection of fabrics that she absolutely must have. In order to deflect an oncoming tantrum in Spotlight, I gave in a bought several metres of a fabric that I originally had no intention of bringing home.

The outcome...two sets of pajamas (many months after said purchase of unnecessary fabric). They were both a mash-up. The first set, for my son, was the Sailboat Top from oliver + s with shorts from my new Japanese sewing book (Sew Chic Kids).


The fabric for the top is a nice cotton, but the gray fabric is a poplin, which isn't particularly soft. My kids, however, are both slightly obsessed with foxes (their mutual imaginary friend is a fox) so they're both thrilled with their pajamas. My son specifically wanted shorts with a long-sleeve top. 

I chose the Sailboat Top because it should be easy to put on without help from a grown-up. I used the chest measurement as a guide, but found the top to be slightly snug. It's fine once it's on, but could have a bit more ease for pulling on and off. I did lengthen the sleeves after reading some comments from other people, but think they could be lengthened more. 

The most important thing is that they're both happy with their matching pjs! Coming up soon, when she stands still long enough, the fox pajamas for my daughter!


Comments

Popular Posts