Sailboat Pants


These pants have been a long time in the making. I got the fabric (Robert Kaufman Essex Yarn Dyed linen and cotton blend) several months ago and then got distracted by other projects so this kept getting pushed back. After the guilt of only sewing for my daughter took over, I finally took out the oliver + s Sailboat Pant pattern. 

These are really quick and fun to sew (even after I nearly ruined the front piece by cutting on the wrong line...thank goodness for interfacing and the facing piece of the pants!) and look great when worn. I made a size 5, which is perfect in length and just had to tighten the back elastic to fit his slim waist. The small details (the buttons, the side vent) are a great design feature and add interest when sewing. I'll definitely make them again. I'm tempted to buy the smaller size pattern so I can make a pair for my daughter!

Comments

Popular Posts