Another knitting project

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd picked up some lovely yarn from the Beehive Wool Shop in Victoria, BC. One skein was for a cowl for my great-aunt, who lives on Quadra Island, BC. I took the skein and my needles to London this Christmas, hoping that I'd find the time to knit something small while on holiday. Thanks to long car rides and traffic jams on the M25 (ugh!), I managed to finish most of this cowl over 2 1/2 weeks of our Christmas holiday. 



The pattern is 'That Nice Stitch' by Susan Ashcroft, and is free on Ravelry. It's a lovely pattern that shows off the colours in variegated yarn really well. The best part is that the pattern can be used on any weight of yarn, and the suggested size of needles for each weight is provided. I used the entire skein, so the cowl is quite long, but I'm sure my aunt will find a creative way to wear it!


Yarn: Zen Garden Serenity Silk Single in Feisty

Needles: 4mm circular (although you can use straight needles too)




Comments

Popular Posts