Edward's Menagerie Shar Pei!

My sewing has been left neglected since we returned from Christmas holidays in early January, but I have been working hard at various knitting and crochet projects.

My first attempt at an animal from one of Kerry Lord's books, Edward's Menagerie: Dogs is a Shar Pei, inspired by my sister-in-law's new (and fancy) couch (long story...). 


This one didn't come out quite as floppy or soft-looking as the one on the book cover, but I'll chalk that up to my relative inexperience with crocheting, in particular making dogs!

I used Rico Essentials Merino DK in Clay with a 3.25mm crochet hook. I used 1 ball plus a very little bit of the 2nd (had I only put one 'wrinkle' on the body, I wouldn't have needed the 2nd ball). 

If I use this yarn again for something similar, I may use a 3.5mm hook instead to loosen up the tension slightly. 

Now this little Shar Pei will get shipped off to London to his new home and I have an alligator scarf to finish before winter's over in the UK!


Comments

Popular Posts