Liesl + Co Afternoon Tea Blouse

One of the many things left un-blogged in 2018 was my Liesl + Co Afternoon Tea Blouse.




I made this as a last-minute treat to myself before we left for London for the holidays. The main fabric is a mysterious synthetic crepe/georgette that I found in Chinatown that's far too warm for Singapore, but is fine in a cooler climate. The inset fabric is Liberty Tana Lawn, leftover from an Ogden Cami I made for a friend's daughter last year. I was so pleased to have saved all the scraps of the precious Liberty fabric, and that there was enough for the inset. 

I took my time to make sure all the points lined up correctly, and am very pleased with the results. The only issue I had was not being able to press the dart enough - I was worried the fabric would melt! The left dart doesn't actually look that bad in reality, especially when worn. 

The blouse fits perfectly (I made a straight size 6 with no adjustments). The only change I'd make next time is to lower the dart by about an inch. Otherwise, it's great. I'm already planning a Singapore-friendly one in a cotton with a lace insert...

Comments

Popular Posts