Things left unblogged...

In the run up to Christmas (2018!) I was so busy sewing things for our trip to the UK that I realised most of them went un-blogged.

Just to catch up, here's a (mostly) comprehensive list of what I sewed:



(This doesn't include the 11 hats I crocheted between November and December, because I had a sudden whim to make EVERYONE handmade hats for Christmas...)

I didn't get a decent picture of most of these things - they were sewn and packed up for our trip, and of course once in London, I forgot to take pictures. I did get a photo of the pants, though, worn proudly by both kids on Christmas Day!



Both kids chose their own fabric when we were in Chinatown. It's a Japanese cotton canvas that won't get much wear in Singapore (too warm!), but got plenty of wear in London. I used scraps of fabric from a Badminton skort that I made for A a few years ago to make the ruffles and side panels on her pair of pants. I had to put all my (limited) spatial skills to the test to cut the back pockets out on E's pair so the lines went in opposite diagonal directions!

I did find that A's pair are a bit short in the rise, so I'll need to figure out how to modify that next time. But it was a really fun pattern to sew, and very satisfying when it all went together so well. 

The navy t-shirt with the crosses is also the School Bus T-shirt pattern. I realised too late that E has very long arms, so while the size 7 fits in most respects, I definitely need to lengthen the sleeves next time!

Next catch up post - the fabulous Afternoon Tea Blouse I made for myself!


Comments

Popular Posts