Necessary sewing

We came back from 3 weeks in London and A declared to me that 'nothing fits me anymore, Mama.' And she was right. Somehow this child of mine grew over 2cm in one month, which means all her skirts are bordering on indecently short, her t-shirts don't fit and most of her dresses can't be worn without some modesty shorts underneath!

Despite my recent segue into all things yarn-related, I did set up my sewing machines again and spent a weekend rectifying the wardrobe situation.

I made 3 School Bus T-shirts with fabric A chose when we were in Spotlight in the new year, plus a Lazy Days skirt. I didn't manage to photograph the skirt, but it's light blue with unicorns (*shudder). Thankfully I was able to steer her away from the particularly garish and sparkly unicorns to one that was a little more tasteful.

Here are 2 of the 3 t-shirts:



Nothing fancy, but one has sparkly rain drops and the other has ice cream! The third is a plain blue t-shirt, which did have a sequinned unicorn patch ironed on (the kind that change when you rub them up or down - I'm sure there's an official name for those?). The patch didn't stick for long - it started peeling off on the first day the t-shirt was worn, and came off completely in the first wash. It's now in the pile of things to mend so I can sew it on and hopefully it'll last a bit longer.

This is a great pattern - super fast to sew, and it's so satisfying when you can whip off 3 t-shirts in an afternoon! Makes me feel extra productive, and the smile on A's face when she saw her new t-shirts was definitely an added bonus!

Comments

Popular Posts