More babies...more sewing!

The Oliver + S Lullaby Layette is now my go-to gift for friends with babies. I don't always make an entire set, or necessarily coordinate all the pieces, but it's so much fun to sew that I feel I need to make at least a few pieces.

A good friend recently had a little boy and as their first baby was born in Sweden, her baby clothes aren't all very Singapore-weather-appropriate.

Also, determined to use my stash and leftover bits of fabric, I pulled together this little outfit (a baby capsule wardrobe, perhaps?!), all from leftover fabric from clothes I've made for my son (Sailboat Pants here and Sleepover Pajamas here).



 Due to some major directionality issues with the blue seersucker on the sleepover pajamas (completely my fault for cutting without thinking about construction, which meant I had to buy more to finish the original pajama pants!), I had a LOT of the blue leftover, but not so much of the white. So this little shirt has a contrast back...but why not?

The red pants are made from a Robert Kaufman denim which is light and soft, and hopefully will be useful when my friend and her family go on their summer trip to the US.

I have two cousins expecting girls in the next few months, so it might be time to break out the 'girly' fabric next!

Comments

Popular Posts