Sailboat Pants

The only request for clothes from my son recently, other than the green t-shirt I made him last weekend, was for another pair of Oliver + S Sailboat Pants. He loves these pants, and I've made them for him twice before (here and here). This time I found a soft blue cotton twill in Chinatown - again, not labelled so I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it's definitely cotton and has a nice drape.



I made a size 7 - the nice thing about the elastic at the back is that I can adjust it to his narrow waist. This time I finished all the edges before actually sewing them together. This fabric seems to have a looser weave, so I didn't have to cut into any of the curved seams to get them to lie flat. 

My son's only request is that next time, I make the 'fake pockets' into real ones! Now there's a challenge that I'll need to wrap my head around...



Comments

  1. They're great Gayatri. I love seeing these pants on boys. Presuming he can get the pants off and on with the elastic alone and not needing to undo the buttons it wouldn't be hard to turn the front into real pockets (and sew buttons on the outside just for the look). Do you have the Sunday Brunch skirt pattern? the pocket opening and construction would be very similar to what you'd do here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! I don't have that pattern (one of the few I don't own, sadly), but now this might be a good excuse to get it?! I think he probably can slip them on and off without actually undoing the buttons, so it should work!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts